Home » Club House » The Library
Inside, it feels like a sanctuary. Leaning against the walls, the glass bookcases; and behind the glass the taste of golf, the historical memory, the words written about golf.
The Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf club library is universally considered one of the most precious concentrates of golf publications in the world. Over 1200 volumes have been collected; about 480 are counted in meticulous cursive script on the pages of the catalogue, which is rightly preserved as a relic: a fundamental donation, probably the most conspicuous, is quoted as having been made by Mr Tait in 1923.
In the list there are even volumes that date back to 1682, printed in Edinburgh. Texts full of charm, in their kid leather bindings engraved with gold letters, including: How to play golf, by Hanry Vardon, 1912; “The rules of golf”, by Norman Lockyer, 1896; The art of Golf ”, by Sir W. G. Simpson, 1887.
In 1985 R.A.L. Bunett, historian and librarian of the sacred temple of the golf world, the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, sent Antonio Roncoroni a letter in which he thanks the Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club and all of Italian Golf.